Tomorrow, May 4th is the International Day Against DRM.
Read the press release:
A product that has a DRM is a non-free product. Its intention is to
deny you atleast one of the 4 Freedoms. So I request you to goto
www.defectivebydesign.org, signup and participate in the protest
against DRM. Our goal is to make all manufacturers release the same
product without DRM in the future.
Please JOIN now. We need your help.
I request the support of media people (Newspaper, TV etc) in this
mailinglist to spread the importance of this campaign.
ILUG-Cochin members are conducting a "Day Against DRM" meeting on
Sunday, 9-MAY-2010. The following are the details.
Changampuzha Park, Near Edapally High School, Ernakulam.
Day : Sunday
time: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Contact Sameer @ 999-571-7112, before coming.
* What is DRM
* Discussion on how we can help stop it.
* Pledge to fight DRM.
Jos Collin's House, Kundanoor, Ernakulam.
Day : Sunday
time: 2:00 PM to 5 PM
Contact Jos @ 0484-270-5112, before coming.
* What is DRM and its intension, the conspiracy and the threat to Freedom.
* Discussion on Products having DRM.
* The fight against DRM and the campaigns organized by FSF.
* Discussion on how we can help to eliminate DRM.
* Pledge to fight against DRM.
If possible Please bring hard copies of pamphlets, posters, stickers @
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/printable for the meeting.
Indian Libre User Group Cochin Mailing List