Hi,,, I am currently involved in Eduvid project,
see at http://sites.google.com/e/techfandu.org/eduvid/Home
Here is the description about project
Eduvid stands for a Free and Efficient Method for Whiteboarding to generate Vector based Educational Videos. We have not completed this project yet.
Suppose I have learned something, lets say C++ language, so say some concept, in 10 Hours. I can explain all the stuff in 1 hour. It means I have wasted 9 hour by using trivial method of learning. in "from student for student" method of study we expect each student to help other student by sharing our knowledge and understating. For explaining the tech-stuff in that one hour I need a notebook and pencil. But by this way only those will get benefit which are near to me.
If I have a recording camera then i will love to record the whole one hour but this have following restriction
- very few student body has recording camera
- very large bandwidth is consumed by raster graphics based video. videos will not reach to the cities villages of India which have very small bandwidth.
- Software will in web mode - which will be having a Full Screen canvas where use can
- Draw any diagram using free hand - pencil + eraser
- Draw basic shapes & curve in 2D or 3D, arrows, block diagrams, table and all essential things which a teacher/student do on whiteboard
- Write Text
- It will be much better if it convert free hand written text into actual text in some defined fonts.
- On Eduvid Website a Teacher or Student need now to create all content while delivering lecture, he/she can upload a Presentation, Images etc in SVG format before delivering lecture
- There have to a microphone which will record the sound.
- So in nutshell we want to create a "web based Recording of Lecture or presentation"
- We want to use a vector graphics
- Hardware should be very low cost and should physical replace the mouse and should comes within 500 Rs